Been hacking in Node.js and am really enjoying the saneness of this dev environment.
Some handy links before I forget :
- Joyeur blogs – people working for Joyent on Node / DTrace / Solaris
- no.de Joyent Node hosting [ built atop – ‘open’ solaris, ZFS, DTrace ]
- NodeJitsu blog
- npm.mape.me – searchable Node.js Modules list
- connect-it guide – web framework with chained middleware layers
- express guide – article on express web framework for Node
- eventserver – Tom Lee’s internet tee piping for notifications
In other news.. Im hacking over ssh via a long thin pipe to my linode server – using a very erratic mobile broadband connection, arrgh!
Cant wait for ADSL to _finally_ be connected here, so I can watch Bryan Cantrill talk about Cloud Analytics :]
- V8 js engine is fast
- Node.js embodies the above bullet point into a fine server development environment
- feels like a unix-like web-plumbing philosophy
- can keep the same language syntax hat on when writing front end web apps and back end servers