Been using git more and more for public hacking and private consulting work.
Some impressions / notes –
- github.com is superb! Radically better/simpler/easier/nicer than sourceforge or google code
- I lurrve code snippets, aka GISTs hosted on github. Sane blogs support inline gists [ not wordpress.com, yet ]
- Found a clear readable tutorial on setting up a remote git repo (with git and gitosis) for private or public use
- Github is so nice, its really tempting to just pay them money for some private repos rather than step thru the above
- A handy git meta- cheat sheet here